Sunday, January 22, 2012

Day 21: What do you do with space fillers?

I’m always working to spread light and love. We all have bad days when the light and love can SEEM more like a challenge. We control our reactions though. We manifest our reality. But, what do you do when you being drained by a negative Nancy and a Debbie downer. 
Everyday we come in contact with randoms that I like to call ‘space fillers.’ They are the people between you see while you’re out and about. You may feel like you really have no connection in them, but we are all connected on some level or another. I find myself becoming annoyed and drained. How could people be so unconscious about their surrounds. I sometimes feel like I’m either invisible or people just don’t care.

It’s not up to us, nor is it possible, to control anyone’s mind or heart. You can try and shine your light bright. Just remember that living by example and keeping an open heart can sometimes be more powerful than preaching or lecturing.
To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue 
will naturally come to him. 
-Buddha
I went on with my crazy mall experience and enjoyed my day with my son! How could I let the hustle and bustle take away from these amazing moments?




In the end everyone is their own person, but that doesn’t prevent you from complimenting or flashing a smile to a stranger.
“To approach the stranger is to invite the unexpected, release a new force, let the genie out of the bottle. It is to start a new train of events that is beyond your control...”
- T.S. Eliot
In your journal, write about how you can lead by example. How can you keep your mind and heart straight while you’re out in the chaos of this world? How do you keep focused? What’s an example of how a space filler has thrown you off course? How can you prevent that in the future?
You are all so amazing. Please feel free to share your thoughts and experiences with me. We are a community devoted to loving life, sharing light and smiling along the way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment