Friday, January 6, 2012

Day 6: Love is a verb


When you hear the word love, what do you think of? I think of Logan and then, although I don’t want to admit it, my mind wanders off into soul connection, true love territory. Questions starting with ‘what if,’ how and when start to surface. I question love. 
Great news, folks! Love is a verb! 
My friend, love is a verb. Love — the feeling — is a fruit of love, the verb.” 
-Steven Covey
Spread the love! Are there road blocks on your path to loving people? 
Remove the blocks. I think it was Avianna Castro that challenged her friends to remove any blocks you have on Facebook. Release it. Let it go. It’s actually very liberating. Do it with intention and you’ll be amazed. 
I ‘unblocked’ an old friend that I hadn’t spoken to in years. He contacted me almost immediately and I realized that I hadn’t completely released the pain that I felt he had caused. I emailed him back. I just explained how I felt and why I was upset. He was understanding and apologized. He then shared a few life updates and that was that. 

Simply love, my friends. The more you release, the more fluidity you give to your love.
Get your journal and write out some love affirmations. Here are some examples:
  • I love therefore I am loveable.
  • Love comes from within me at all times.
  • I love myself unconditionally.
  • I accept love from others.
  • The Universe has an endless supply of love. The more I give, the more I receive.
Now that you’ve reigned in the love, try one or both of these exercises. 
  • Write a letter to someone you need to forgive.
  • Write a letter to someone who believed in you even when you didn’t believe in yourself.
Whether you deliver the letter(s) or not is up to you. 

Remember that we aren't perfect. There WILL be rough days. Don't feel bad if you're having a "french fry dipped in Frosty" type of day. Acknowledge it, cancel the negative speak and affirm your truths.


After a day like today, I think I'll reward myself with some vision board time! 
You are loved for you. Let your love light shine brightly and keep spreading smiles!

No comments:

Post a Comment