Thursday, January 12, 2012

Day 11: Remember and release

Now that we have a list, it’s time to break it down. 
I’ll give you an example, I have an old friend that has really hurt me. I love this friend. I just want the conflict to be gone. What can I do?
I can let it eat me up. I can be angry and play the blame game. I could keep worrying and thinking. I could turn my back completely and totally disengage. But remember our quote from yesterday?
You can’t see spirit anywhere, if you don’t see spirit everywhere.
All of the above responses aren’t the way that spirit would want us to react. You need to think with your heart. 
First we are going to visualize this person. What’s the real issue here? Did you do something or did they do something? In 5 years, will this thing matter? 
My friend chose to only be friends with my ex-husband after our divorce. She’s the Godmother of my son and I am to her son as well. In an effort to match my ex up, she chose to introduce a potential girlfriend to my son. It hurt me that she thought it was ok to bring blind dates to meet both my ex and son at the same time. She then told me that she and ‘everyone’ else were laughing at me. That hurt.
What did I do? I closed her off during the divorce. I was at an Army school and she offered to fly out for the weekend. It was an inconvenience to me, so I shut her out. I wasn’t ready to deal with it all. I just wanted to play Army and leave my worries in Minnesota.
So, where does one go from here? 

Burn, baby, burn! As you release, do so with gratitude. Now is the time, my friend. It’s time to sculpt your life. 


I’m so proud of you. Thank you for joining me on this journey.
SMILE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment