Monday, January 16, 2012

Day 14: What goes in, must come out


How many of you could improve your eating habits? Me, me, me!

Does it seem overwhelming? Do you ever start out great and then lose your way within a week or two?
I have two words for you; moderation and preparation!
It’s ok to have some chocolate, just do your research. Look for a good quality chocolate. 
According to the Mayo Clinic, it’s a good idea to “choose dark chocolate with cocoa content of 65 percent or higher.”
When somebody brings chocolate-covered donuts to work, just reach in your drawer and indulge in some gourmet chocolate!
The next step is preparation!
I also make a trail mix that is super yummy. I buy a bag of the following: dried cherries, nuts (walnuts, almonds or pecans), and yogurt-covered raisins. I mix them all together and divide the mixture into snack-size containers or bags. And as Logan would say, “TA-DAAAAA!” Too easy.

I also grill up some chicken breasts and cook up some ground turkey. I always have a good selection of fruit and veggies that are already washed and ready-to-eat. Sauté up some veggies and freeze them. You can add them into spaghetti sauce for an easy veggie boost!
If I need a snack, I can reach in and grab a handful of cucumber slices. For dinner, I can come home, whip up a salad, then throw on some chicken and trail mix. 
I still enjoy my fair share of non-rabbit food, but as you replace the chips and dip with healthy options, you’ll start noticing how much better you feel. When you splurge on that McDonald’s, you’ll notice how crappy you feel. Start by replacing one thing at a time. Make smart substitutions. 
Anybody who is friends with me on Facebook knows how much I love food! Food can be fun! Don’t make it the enemy.
In your journal, write down some steps that you can take to prepare and moderate. What works for you? What will you stick with and enjoy?

Keep that smile healthy, dear friend! You are beautiful, inside and out!

2 comments:

  1. Dajon,

    This is awesome. Keep up the great work.


    Shanky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shanky!!! So great to 'hear' from you! I hope you're doing fabulous and thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete