Monday, January 16, 2012

Day 16: Light and love lead the way

Today I’m remembering and celebrating the life of Martin Luther King Jr. Since I can remember, I’ve known of his outstanding knowledge and compassion, but every January I’m reminded and equally amazed by it. 
An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.
This is a good reminder for me. I have been working really hard to emit love to all who surround me. That includes my family and friends, but it also includes the register guy at the gas station. The register guy? I don’t even know his name and I speak to him more often than most of the people in my life.

Let’s challenge ourselves to become more concerned with the broader picture. Of course, you need to keep working on yourself, because to somebody else, you are a part of the broader picture. We all need to be responsible for ourselves and our happiness.

But, try learning the names of those people that are in your daily life. When’s the last time that I’ve whole-heartedly thanked the people who take care of my son every day? I’m kind and friendly to them, but I haven’t really thanked them. They see my son more than I do.


The foundation is love! That’s what we’ve been working on. Love and light!!! So, please take some time to think about and meditate on the words of Martin! 

Let your light shine bright, my friends. Let your love be fluid. Let it embrace everything and everyone around you, seeping through the broken cracks.


In your journal, right about what these words mean to you. How can you translate that meaning into your daily life?
Are you smiling? 
Photo Credit: Arts-Wallpapers.com


Now you're smiling, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment