Monday, January 9, 2012

Day 8: I will be light!


Hello all! I’ve really been inspired by music lately. It seems as though the perfect songs have been playing at the perfect time. It’s fun! You should try it!
Ask your angels for guidance about a situation or person. If it’s a person that you’re asking about, visualize the person and say their name out loud. Then press the ‘next’ button and see what comes up.
So, back to the subject at hand: music! I’ve always been inspired by it, but lately it’s been serendipitous!
This song has been my most recent eye-opener:

It can be easy to get caught up in your own trials and tribulations, but how we make a difference is by stepping outside of our cocoon. 
I will be light! What does that mean to you? What kind of a light do you want to be? 
No gesture is too small. It could be anything from buying a cup of coffee for someone that most definitely needs it (*wink*) or maybe it’s being a team player at work or helping your co-workers shine! On the day my divorce was finalized, I received a card from a co-worker just telling me to be strong. That little gesture spoke volumes.
A co-worker of mine made a huge difference over the holiday season. After returning home from a run on a cold Thanksgiving day, he was reminded that there are many Veterans calling the streets their home. He decided to do something about it. He raised awareness and money by sleeping outside in a tent for most of December.
For your journal today, ask yourself these questions:
  • How has somebody shared their light with me? 
  • How can I share my light with others?
If you run into those lovely life challenges, simply sing this song:
“This little light of mine, I’m gonna let it shine!
Hide it under a bush? NO! I’m gonna let it shine!” 
Matthew 5:16

SMILE, lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment