Friday, January 20, 2012

Day 18: Love yourself...all of you!

I hate to go the cliché route, but whenever I’m being hard on myself I think of the song ‘Beautiful’ by Christina:
You are beautiful no matter what they say,
Words can’t bring you down.
Unfortunately, sometimes, we are the ones that are saying the words that bring us down. So, how do we stop this negative self-talk? If you catch yourself using negative words, just stop. Delete the thoughts. Delete the words. Flip the script.

For example, let’s say you were thinking, “I hate my thighs. They are so gross.” Stop! Cancel that thought. Change it to a positive one and say, “I consciously choose what I put into my body. I am strong and I am fit.” Now, this is where you act. Change your behavior.
Do some squats or lunge it out. Try to incorporate toning exercises into your daily routine. It doesn’t always have to be a 5-mile run. 
I just started CrossFit. I’m a little intimidated, because I’m a runner. I’m so used to just putting on my shoes and challenging myself. If I have a lazy run day, it’s a-o.k. If I don’t run, nobody knows. With CrossFit, there is more accountability and I love it! Challenge yourself. Find a friend that will help hold you accountable. You’ll love the results, so just do it!


Even if it takes a while to get where you want, each step you take is a step closer to a healthier and happier you. Try it, you’ll like it! And, please remember:
We are beautiful in every single way!

Keep wearing that beautiful smile, you! It’s lovely and contagious!

No comments:

Post a Comment