Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Day 2: Get your vision on!

Each January, many of us review the past year and come of with a plan of attack for the next year. How many of us actually keep up with the plan and monitor our progress? 
I have a little secret for you...I can’t even tell you what my resolutions were last January. Don’t worry though, wonderful friends! I’m here to help and together we can end this unproductive cycle. 

“Our intention creates our reality.”
-Dr. Wayne Dyer
My problem is that I sometimes forget my intentions. They get lost on the way to daycare, while doing laundry or sitting at drill all weekend. I start the year with a laundry list of amazing intentions. I’m full of hope. I’m free to fly.
As each day slips away, a little hope goes with it. Each person that hurts me, also hurts my confidence in myself. Enough is enough, right?
“Thought is the sculptor who can
create the person you want to be.”
-Henry David Thoreau

A-ha!!! Thought is the bridge between intention and reality. So, in order to train our thoughts, it’s essential that we spend time each day doing just that...training. A runner can’t win a race by just hoping that the race goes his way.
There are so many ways to train yourself. You can journal. Write out affirmations and put them in areas that you’ll see everyday. 
Create a vision board! Here’s a little peek at mine...


Now, let’s be honest here, dear friend. Did you just think to yourself, “I don’t have enough time to do that,” or maybe even, “I’m not that creative and don’t have the resources.”
As my amazing friend Avianna would say, “Cancel, cancel, cancel, delete, delete, delete.” 

Say the words “cancel” and “delete” out loud. Cancel those thoughts. Move forward and take charge of your thoughts, love! You can start with whatever works for you. Maybe it’s simply a picture of a place that you want to visit. You set the rules!
Take time each day to do these things for yourself. Meditate on an affirmation. Look at that dream vacation photo and picture what you’ll do while you’re there. Don’t worry about how you’ll get there or when. That’s limiting your thoughts. 
Check out my video for some ideas on how to get your vision on. 


As always, please share your thoughts and remember to smile!

2 comments:

  1. I came across the "cancel cancel" concept back in the 80's when I was 16 ... back then negative thoughts were a non issue so I didn't use it much ... these days, perhaps having a more intelligent brain, I do find that compulsive thoughts can be quite destructive, especially when the negative thoughts dominate thanks to life circumstances ... thanks for the tips, David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for bringing that up. It's a great reminder that these concepts are not new. It's just a matter of living them on a daily basis! Thanks for the comment. I do so appreciate your feedback!

    ReplyDelete