Monday, January 16, 2012

Day 13: What's in your heart?


Need an instant pick me up? Sing a song, loud and proud. I’ve found that Logan’s sunday school CD has done the trick for me. There’s nothing like belting out the following: 

“I've got the peace that passes understanding 
down in my heart."
It just automatically brings a sense of peace over you. I’ve mentioned the power of song before, but now I want you to make a CD or playlist. Have a go-to song. Something that you can hum, whistle, sing, yell or think inside your head. Make up your own. 
Ok, so I made a fool of myself. But, you’re smiling, right? Did it work?
In your journal, write down some mantras. Some things you can say to yourself. Write them on sticky notes. Before you speak in anger, think them, feel them, love them. 
Logan’s song goes like this: “I’m happy, happy, happy. I’m happy, happy, happy.”
In order to become the person you want to become, you need to put together your own rules of engagement (RoE) or standard operating procedures. The more you practice, the easier these ROEs become!


Smile with your heart!

2 comments:

  1. I love that song!! But one that always cheers me up is, Rise and shine and give God the glory glory!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I'll have to check that one out! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete