Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Train your thoughts


A thought, seemingly innocent, can change your reality. I’ve been really taking the time to train my thoughts to reflect what I want to happen. It can be challenging at times, but it’s totally worth it. 




My affirmation cards have really helped me learn how to change my vocabulary. If I have a situation that is extremely frustrating, I simply say one of my affirmations. 


Don’t let your energy attach to that thought. If that thought comes out, say out loud, “Cancel. Cancel. Cancel. Delete. Delete. Delete.” And actually feel that thought being cancelled.


My love also has another technique that can quickly shift your paradigm. He swaps the word frustrated with fascinated. 
Change this sentence to:
“I’m so frustrated with my job right now.”
To this sentence:
“I’m so fascinated with my job right now.”
And let yourself stop to take a moment to break down your so-called ‘frustrations.’ What is fascinating about the situation. Then take that thought and understand that it’s something you don’t want to attract anymore. Adjust your affirmation cards to thoughts leading you away from that end result. 


Let’s say it’s a co-worker you’re having issues with. By stopping to break it down, you own your responsibility for the situation. You don’t allow yourself to get worked up. And then you move forward by training your thoughts on how to work with this person in the future. By doing this, you turn your brain into proactive mode, instead of reactive.

I was bitter about my job letting me go and choosing someone that I thought was a lesser candidate. I was a cranky employee. I felt underappreciated. 

Time to shift. 
“If one advances confidently in the directions of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.” Henry David Thoreau
Everyday I thank spirit for the opportunities that I have had with my job. I also give thanks for future growth and career development while I’m hunting for a new job. It’s allowed me to create tasks for myself that make me more well-rounded. Instead of mentally checking out, I’ve totally come up with projects that challenge me and test my abilities in my career field.


I’m having difficulties explaining this whole concept, so I hope some of this makes sense. 
Create your own “I AM” phrases. Don’t let your day or circumstances decide your “I am’s.” 
I am thankful for my job!
I am financially abundant!
I am talented in my career field and will be compensated appropriately by my new employer.
I am grateful to love what I do.
I am loved and so are you!
Now go spread lots of smiles, lovelies!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment