Friday, December 9, 2011

What motivates you?

Is it your job? Your friends? Family? Everybody has something different that motivates them.

I have many things that motivate me, but lately, I've needed to do some prioritizing. Luckily, my Wisdom Cards by Louise Hay have a way of helping me focus on what is important.


All you need is love. Is love really all you need? 


Hmm, does that ring true with any of my smiling sisters out there?

Imagine yourself starting the day with 100% energy. You're driving to work and someone cuts you off. You get all upset and honk your horn...you just plugged a little bit of your energy into that experience. You get to work and your boss throws you under the bus. You get upset and gossip about them to your co-workers...you just plugged a little bit of your energy into that experience. Are you noticing a cycle here? By the end of the day, you're running on reserves. And for what? 

By not taking responsibility for your own experiences, you are letting other people interfere or ENTER FEAR in your life. Nobody else is responsible for your guilt, criticism or resentment. Do you resent somebody in your life right now? Try this excercise...

Write down the things that you are holding on to. Did someone do something to hurt you? Are you holding a grudge? This resentment or grudge can serve as a blockage to your heart. So, write it all down. Get it out on paper. Then take the paper and burn it (safely). As it disintegrates, imagine your grudges being burning away with it. Let them go. Don't let them "enter fear" in your life anymore. I promise, dear friend, it will be worth it!

After releasing, I like to write down some affirmations. 

"I'm filled with love and light. I release all grudges, fear, resentment or criticism. I release the negativity and welcome people into my life with open arms."

Let me know how this works for you or share your release tips! Until next time, keep on smiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment