Thursday, November 10, 2011

Start speading smiles!

I firmly believe that smiles are contagious. About a month ago, I was going through some difficult times. All of the wonderful people in my life came through and lifted me up. In a previous blog post, I told you that I needed to give this love back to the universe. I think I’ve found just the right way to do so.


What are these delightfully happy and colorful frames, you ask? They are awesome frames. My intention is to give these out to people who make me smile. This could be the Caribou coffee lady or someone that I work with. 
I’m hoping that they will pass it on to a smile-giver and that the frames will share love with many people. 
In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I’d love if you would join me in doing the same thing! You don’t necessarily have to make fun frames. Try spreading smiles in your own way.
  1. You could simply smile at a stranger
  2. Say hi to people passing you in the hall at work
  3. Try giving three sincere compliments a day
  4. Compliment a stranger
  5. Treat your neighbor
  6. Thank people
Joy’s Hope is featuring projects you can do every day to spread smiles. One project that caught my eye is bringing a treat to your neighbor. She baked some Pillsbury ‘break and bake’ cookies and took them to a neighbor. It gets dark so early now. Imagine coming home to a freshly baked stack of cookies. That will surely brighten anybody’s day!
Another simple way to spread smiles is a simple thank you! Pick up a pack of thank-you cards and set a goal. Maybe you purchase a dozen cards and want to use them in a month or even a week. When someone shows you love, thank them. Or maybe just pick one person a week and send them a card. Imagine how happy your child, parent or friend would be to get a thank you card...just because.
I always enjoy checking the mail and seeing a handwritten note from someone. We have become so accustomed to communicating via texts and e-mails, that we don’t write love notes anymore.
You could be the difference between somebody having an alright day and an awesome day. You are awesome! Let your light shine bright! 

Please share your smile-spreading ideas below.

2 comments:

  1. Just Because... something I have long admired in others. I was quite impressed to find it in your words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love smiling...I love other people smiling too. It makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete